Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bellingham Flat Bread and Bakery: Gluten-free Goods with a Smile!

During my recent trip to visit my fabulous aunt in Bellingham, I had the opportunity to visit Bellingham Flat Bread and Bakery, which was one of the (many) highlights of my weekend.

This corner bakery had the most gluten-free options I've seen in any bakery, excluding the entirely gluten-free shop (Haley's) in Kent. One wall's shelves were stacked with gluten-free breads ranging from simple white bread to rosemary garden bread to pumpkin double chocolate mini loaves. The cookie bins held gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, macaroons and more. My sister bought a couple of loaves to take home and the generous proprietor gave us each a gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip cookie to sample.


Delicious!
If the cookies, scones, muffins, cupcakes, breads and cinnamon rolls aren't enough to get you into the bakery immediately, the proprietor also informed us that Bellingham Flat Bread and Bakery is hoping to open an entirely gluten-free venue in the future! So support local business, gluten-free business, and treat yourself to something indulgent!

No comments:

Post a Comment